- because you help them
- because you entertain them
- because you make them hopeful and/or enthusiastic
- (maybe) because you say things they would like to say but cannot say
This is one of the many passages and charts I find in books and articles on a daily basis. They span many disciplines, including:
- market trends (and, occasionally, history)
- emerging technologies and deep tech
- startups and venture capital
- corporate strategy and business dynamics
- product development and marketing
- finance and (mainly behavioral) economics
- cognitive psychology and neuroscience
- the future of work and career
I occasionally add a personal note to them.
The whole collection is available here.