I can't stress enough how important this work done by Horace Dediu is. This chart comes from a must-watch presentation he gave in 2016 in London: The Innovator's Stopwatch: When Timing is Everything
This is one of the many passages and charts I find in books and articles on a daily basis. They span many disciplines, including:
- market trends
- emerging technologies and deep tech
- startups and venture capital
- corporate strategy and business dynamics
- product development and marketing
- finance and (mainly behavioral) economics
- cognitive psychology and neuroscience
- the future of work and career
I occasionally add a personal note to them.
The whole collection is available here.