One thing that big ideas have in common is that they’re almost impossible to give away.
You could have bought Amazon stock for lunch money, been an early backer of Acumen, financed part of Spike Lee’s first movie, had front row seats to Hamilton, bought BTC for $2… you get the idea. Even insiders usually take cash instead of stock options. And early customers almost never race out to build a competitor.
- market trends (and, occasionally, history)
- emerging technologies and deep tech
- startups and venture capital
- corporate strategy and business dynamics
- product development and marketing
- finance and (mainly behavioral) economics
- cognitive psychology and neuroscience
- the future of work and career
I occasionally add a personal note to them.
The whole collection is available here.