Ideal board members are those who don’t amplify problems, but rather act as a shock absorber for the CEO—people who can help the CEO make the best decisions when problems arise, and can help the CEO understand what is really working and is worth investing heavily in.
- market trends (and, occasionally, history)
- emerging technologies and deep tech
- startups and venture capital
- corporate strategy and business dynamics
- product development and marketing
- finance and (mainly behavioral) economics
- cognitive psychology and neuroscience
- the future of work and career
I occasionally add a personal note to them.
The whole collection is available here.