Whereas delta is a measure of directional risk, gamma can be thought of as a measure of magnitude risk.
Do we want moves of smaller magnitude (a negative gamma) or larger magnitude (a positive gamma)?
Alternatively, gamma also can be thought of as the speed at which we want the market to move.
Do we want the underlying price to move slowly (a negative gamma) or quickly (a positive gamma)?
- market trends (and, occasionally, history)
- emerging technologies and deep tech
- startups and venture capital
- corporate strategy and business dynamics
- product development and marketing
- finance and (mainly behavioral) economics
- cognitive psychology and neuroscience
- the future of work and career
I occasionally add a personal note to them.
The whole collection is available here.