The median billion-dollar startup raised its first round of funding just six months after founding and its second round in less than two years from founding.
Compared to the random group of venture-backed companies, the differences are significant: the median random company took one year from founding to raise its first round, and four years from founding to raise its second round.
- market trends (and, occasionally, history)
- emerging technologies and deep tech
- startups and venture capital
- corporate strategy and business dynamics
- product development and marketing
- finance and (mainly behavioral) economics
- cognitive psychology and neuroscience
- the future of work and career
I occasionally add a personal note to them.
The whole collection is available here.