This is a collection of the most interesting passages and charts I find in books and articles on a daily basis. This is information I want to retain. It spans many disciplines, including:
- market trends (and, occasionally, history)
- emerging technologies and deep tech
- startups and venture capital
- corporate strategy and business dynamics
- product development and marketing
- finance and (mainly behavioral) economics
- cognitive psychology and neuroscience
- the future of work and career
Sometimes, I add a personal note to the highlight.
"Next quarter for all practical purposes is done already and it has probably been done for a couple of years"
A female is in demand while a male is not because her egg provides nutrition for the offspring while the sperm doesn't
Altruism is an investment to increase an individual's chances of survival at the expenses of another and of ourselves
The terms “bull” and “bear”, referred to financial markets, originated in Britain in the early 18th century